The Smith Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

20 WEEKS

I never really wrote about Jerzie's pregnancy and I am really regretting it now so I am going to try and update everyone with this one. So far, I have felt pretty well. The first trimester I did have some morning sickness but nothing more than bouts of nauseousness that lasted only a few minutes at a time. The last couple of weeks I have begun to feel a lot more muscle and bone aches. Nothing unbearable but noticable. I do not recall anything like this with Jerzie, but my sister says the second is completely diferent that the first. Its hard to believe that the second would be more painful since everything should already be stretched out from the first, lol. The pains I feel are similar to the soreness one would have from riding a horse, the only way I can explain it. It feels funny to walk and feels as if I over worked out the previous day, which anyone who knows me knows this would not be the case, ha ha. I also have a lot more pain through the night then I do through the day. My ciatic nerve in my lower back has really been making it hard to sleep at night because everytime I move, it is terribly painfully. Its really strange b/c it never bothers me during the day. That really is a blessing though. I would rather deal with it in bed than trying to work and chase Jerzie and such, he he.
The baby itself is coming along wonderfully. I have been able to feel it move for quite a while now. I can feel it on the inside but am yet to have anyone feel it on the outside or to see it as I did with Jerzie. No hiccups yet either. Those were so funny with Jerzie, who had them a lot, lol. This little one seems to sit on my lower left side, on my bladder none the less, while I remember Jerzie always having some body part jammed into my ribs :) That is why its complicated to see and let anyone feel the kicks b/c you would have to have your hand below my belt to feel anything...
The heartbeat of the baby is around 150 which is perfect and the last sonogram we had says that we are still on target to be due 2/11/09 or with in days of it. I am really excited to have a winter baby as most of us are spring summer and fall...not too many winter. I am also glad that Jerzie and the baby will be spread out too so that we won't ever have to combine their birthdays or parties and we can have completely different themes since they are such different seasons.
Jerzie is still doing very well around other babies and small children which I really hope continues after we bring the next one home. I know there will be some jealousy but I really hope that it is not too bad...I love her so much...I would hate for her to feel like I do any less for the reason that I have another to love as much as her. That was my worst fear about having another child. Splitting what little time I do have and taking away from Jerzie. She is such a great child though and I really think she will adapt really well and adore the baby. She even found some little boy at the playground when we were leaving the other day and adopted him :) It was so funny even though she cried when we left, but she was holding onto his wrist and helping him across the bridge at Bergman Park and then she helped him down the stairs and around the jungle gym. Then when I went to grab her to get her to leave she cried and said it was "her baby" and she was "helping him." It was so sad and cute at the same time, she really wanted him to be her baby. Even funnier still, was that he was the same size as her, although you could tell he was a bit younger.
It is so hard to believe she is two already. Time went so fast and she is so independant and mature for her age. I miss my baby but I love exploring all the "new" thingss that she figures out each day. I can never guess what each day will hold and its such a wonderful gift to have her in our lives.

2 Comments:

  • This is a great post, Tabatha. I'm sure that you will manage to be a great Mom to 2 kids! Jerzie is very secure in all the love that surrounds her. Jean

    By Blogger Jean, At September 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

  • Tab,
    There's no doubt in my mind that you will be the best mom you can be for my grandchildren. Jerzie is so well mannered for a two year old. She will be ok when the new one comes along. She mite rebel at first but have her help you with the baby and she will be fine. There's one thing I've learned over the last two years is how great parents you both are. I'm so proud of that. I love ya honey, dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 28, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home