The Smith Family

Monday, May 19, 2008

Darlington Trip

Every year on Mothers Day weekend, my husband and I go down to Darlington, SC for the Nascar races. We leave on the Wednesday before and come home the Monday after the race. We had great weather and a great time again this year. We just got back a week ago today but it feels like it was a long time ago already!!
This is Kim and his friend Eric. Eric flew down and rented a car. He didn't camp out with us and didn't watch the race with us but he came over and visited for a while.

This is my husband looking good in a cowboy hat that one of the guys we camp near lent to him. I think he should buy one because he looks pretty good in it!


Had to get a picture in front of the Dukes car!!


Casey Mears passing through on his way to Qualifing.


We camp out right under this sign in front of the start of the pits.

Race Day!!! The weather was in the 80's all weekend!! It was so nice. We are sitting on a scaffolding that my husband and his buddies built for the race. It was really cool and we all painted it to match all our favorite drivers.




My husbands favorite driver, Tony Stewart!


My favorite driver, Jamie McMurray.


Earnhardt Jr. live taping of the Speed channel from Darlington. We weren't really that close but I got a great camera for Christmas that lets me zoom in like I was standing right next to him!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home